Re: Is Data Guard running except transfer TEMP Tablespace?

From: Carel-Jan Engel <careljan_at_dbalert.eu>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2007 09:35:29 +0100

Read the concepts and administration guide of Data Guard Read the concepts guide of Oracle 10g.

Data Guard doesn't sent 'data'. It sends redo.

Writing in TEMP doesn't generate redo. Writing to temporary tables will generate UNDO though, and UNDO is logged, and sent to the standby. Tom Kyte explains this in his book Expert Oracle Database Architecture, from p. 319 onwards.

Best regards,

Carel-Jan Engel

===
If you think education is expensive, try ignorance. (Derek Bok) ===