Re: Oracle 10g RAC on AIX 5.3

From: Finn Jorgensen <finn.oracledba_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2007 20:22:03 -0500

I just wanted to point out that datapump is fully capable of writing to an ASM disk group. When you create your directory object you point it to +DISKGROUP... and voila, your file is in ASM. How to back it up from there should you so desire is another matter... This is something I've been arguing with Oracle support.

> Both Exports and Datapump can be used but you need to write to a
filesystem.
Finn