Re: Oracle 10g RAC on AIX 5.3

From: Jason Heinrich <jheinrichdba_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2007 13:47:57 -0600

Last I checked, Oracle does not provide OCFS for AIX, so if the client needs a clustered file system, GPFS would be the way to go. Whether or not they need it depends on what they want to do. You could install the Oracle software on each node and use ASM for the database storage. However, if you want a shared ORACLE_HOME or a shared non-ASM logging location, you'll need the clustered file system.

--
Jason Heinrich