Re: How to purge dba_recyclebin from a procedure?

From: Rich Jesse <rjoralist_at_society.servebeer.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2007 12:50:24 -0600 (CST)

Jason, I think you're on to something here. According to the docs, only the DBA_RECYCLEBIN option of PURGE requires SYSDBA, so if I build a list of objects in there first and purge them one at a time, I only need SELECT on the DBA_RECYCLEBIN view and DROP ANY for objects outside the definer's schema.

<sigh> It's annoying to have to code workarounds to Oracle "security". It's like being back in 8i all over again.

Thanks, Jason!!!
Rich