Re: Cluster File System Versus ASM for RAC Deployment in Production?... Pros & Cons

From: LS Cheng <exriscer_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2007 11:13:38 +0100

I had to setup OCFS2 in a customer for the these reasons:

they didnt want to assign a big lun for a small files such as voting and ocr

they used utl_file extensively, nfs was not an option because it would become a SPOF

they didnt have a backup agent so backing up ASM to tape was not an option and to to able to run backups from all fours nodes a CFS must be used

thanks

--
LSC