Re: ASSM - dynamic memory resizing

From: K Gopalakrishnan <kaygopal_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2007 10:46:52 -0600

Amir,

The frequency depends on the memory pressure. I am not aware whether there are any fixed intervals , where MMAN checks the memory allocations. However you can trace the operations using "_memory_management_tracing".

-Gopal

On Nov 30, 2007 8:50 AM, Hameed, Amir <Amir.Hameed_at_xerox.com> wrote:
> Folks,
> Does anyone know what process does the dynamic memory resizing when ASSM
> is enabled? Also, what is the frequency of this operation or is it
> triggered by some event? From the v$sga_dynamic
> _components.last_oper_time, this does not seem to be triggered at fixed
> time intervals.
>
> Thanks
> Amir

Best Regards,
K Gopalakrishnan
Co-Author: Oracle Wait Interface, Oracle Press 2004
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/007222729X/

Author: Oracle Database 10g RAC Handbook, Oracle Press 2006
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/007146509X/