RE: _gby_hash_aggregation_enabled=false

From: Allen, Brandon <Brandon.Allen_at_OneNeck.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2007 08:54:48 -0700

Thanks, but in my case, there isn't any specific query that I know of currently having problems - I just want to disable this feature proactively since it is known to return the wrong results in some cases. With most bugs, I don't tend to take proactive action if we haven't encountered them, however with these "wrong results" bugs I think you have to take a more proactive approach since you could be encountering them for a while and not even know it. In this case, as I understand it, the results simply come out with missing values from the aggregated total so, for example - you could have a sales order with ten $100 line items and instead of totaling $1000, it might come out to something short of that. This could go on for a long time before someone noticed it. You'd probably have some happy customers, but not such happy finance folks :-)

From: Stefan Knecht [mailto:knecht.stefan_at_gmail.com]

I don't remember the name of the hint off hands, but AFAIK there is one that lets you set the optimizer features enabled per statement.