Re: _gby_hash_aggregation_enabled=false

From: Gints Plivna <gints.plivna_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2007 10:07:45 +0200

On a side note I've recently found another confirmation that hints are directives not just "hints" :) At least hint use_hash is "stronger" than parameters _hash_join_enabled = false (for 10g) or hash_join_enabled = false (for 9i). Example here http://gplivna.blogspot.com/2007/10/hints-stronger-than-db-parameters.html

However it seems it is not quite related to your case because AFAIK there isn't possibility to force one or another group by mechanism using hints and you don't change your query.

Gints Plivna
http://www.gplivna.eu