RE: Anyone else experience this?

From: Allen, Brandon <Brandon.Allen_at_OneNeck.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2007 11:42:53 -0700

After 9 years working with Oracle, I just recently encountered my first "wrong results" bug a few weeks ago in 10.2.0.2 - and was shocked to find how many others there were when I searched Metalink for "wrong results" - there were at least 5 or 6 of them last time I checked. I think it's a certainty that there will be more and more bugs as complexity increases - it's just the result of simple probability, say (just for example) that you average one bug per 1000 lines of code - as the lines of code increase, so will the number of bugs. Add in the interdependence of different code segments and the bugs probably increase exponentially more than linearly with the increase in lines of code. I'm not a developer so maybe I'm missing something important here - if so, someone please let me know.

On a side note - congrats on quitting smoking! I know a couple people that have struggled for many years and were finally able to quit with Chantix so hang in there. I also know one who found the side-effects to be unbearable, but hopefully that's a rare case.

Regards,
Brandon