Re: Mysterious failure!

From: Mason Loring Bliss <mason_at_blisses.org>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2007 12:26:41 -0500

On Thu, Nov 29, 2007 at 10:36:57AM -0600, Taylor, Chris David wrote:

> Sounds like a semaphore issue
>
> I believe when you use the kill or abort a process the semaphores don't
> get cleaned up. Though I'm a little surprised the db would start back
> up if it was indeed a semaphore issue.

Is there a way to find out? Does Oracle log its use of semaphores, or at least timeouts to obtain a semaphore?

Also, are you suggesting that this is what made the database unresponsive initially? That's what I'm most after. I want to know why it became unresponsive, and I'm hoping someone can direct me to something that's been logged that I've overlooked.

--
    Mason Loring Bliss     mason_at_blisses.org       They also surf who
awake ? sleep : dream;     http://blisses.org/     only stand on waves.