RE: Notification in Grid 10.2.0.3

From: EPA <epanosian_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2007 14:21:04 -0500

Hi Andrey,

Yes, you are correct. And my problem was, since we have defined the notification for jobs with ‘problem’, all jobs are finish successfully.

What I did:

  1. created 2 admins (one for production and one for non-production),
  2. created 2 rules (one for production and one for non-production databases/jobs) and select all jobs/all users/all type of jobs with problem
  3. subscribe prod admin to prod rule
  4. subscribe non-prod admin to non-prod rule

Thanks,

EPA

From: Andrey Goryunov [mailto:goryunov_at_hotmail.com] Sent: Wednesday, November 21, 2007 11:46 PM To: epanosian_at_gmail.com; oracle-l_at_freelists.org Subject: RE: Notification in Grid 10.2.0.3

Hi EPA,

If you created the jobs using EM wizard you will not see a tab where you can define notifications for different type of job status.

You can subscribe for alerts using public notification rules, but you need to update them (those that are created for database metrics) to add jobs that you want to monitor to tab Job and select appropriate checkboxes to be notified.

Have a look if something defined there.

Regards,
Andrey Goryunov

> From: epanosian_at_gmail.com
> To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
> Subject: Notification in Grid 10.2.0.3
> Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2007 19:40:26 -0500
>
> Hello,
>
> I did the following and still not able to activate notification for RMAN
and
> EXPORT/IMPORT jobs:
> 1) created 2 new admins for non-production targets and production targets
> 2) Subscribed to Public Notification Rules,
> 3) setup Notification schedule,
> Now, I can setup notification for the job type 'SQL script' or
'multi-task'
> but not RMAN backup or Export/Import jobs. When I edit a job and click on
> 'Access', options of 'E-Mail Notification for Owner' are not available
> (locked).
>
> Any idea?
> Thanks,
> EPA

11/19/2007
> 7:05 PM

Listen now! HYPERLINK
"http://ninemsn.com.au/share/redir/adTrack.asp?mode=click&clientID=832&refer ral=hotmailtaglineOct07&URL=http://music.ninemsn.com.au/roguetraders"New music from the Rogue Traders.

No virus found in this incoming message. Checked by AVG Free Edition.

No virus found in this outgoing message. Checked by AVG Free Edition.