Re: CPU load per db instance

From: rjamya <rjamya_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2007 22:28:22 -0500

Thanks Dennis ...

No, the aim is not for capacity planning ... when i get called to look at a server that run at 100% CPU for more than an hour, first thing i want to see which of the instances _could_ be culprit. (it happened and i managed to bring down CPU usage after tuning a couple of queries and adding an index on one of the instances, so server is about 60-80% loaded now, still working on other parts).

But just wanted to see if something like this existed. I was planning to install LTOM, but unable to do so until java on server is upgraded. To get that java upgrade quickly has less chances than Congress passing the AMT concession bill in the next week. :)

Yes, statspack is taking snapshots, and will probably hack a script to collect the information that puts together info from ps/vmstat/v$session etc, eventually. Zones isn't a possibility as it is sol8, 4dual core cpus, runs 3 (normally 6) 9206 instances.

So, yes will eventually write the script, but wanted to see if anyone had already invented the wheel.

Thanks and regards
Raj

--
-----