Re: Single ASM instance for non-RAC and RAC instances in a node ?

From: jayaraj rengarajan <jayaraj.rengarajan_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2007 21:44:38 -0500

Dan:

If so, can we use +ASM1 (node1) while creating non-RAC instance in that node using DBCA ? this instance will use DiskGroups mapped to +ASM1

In our Production landscape, we prefer not to host RAC database for smaller application databases , which won't contribute much load on the server or resource intensive.

Thanks
Jay