Re: Single ASM instance for non-RAC and RAC instances in a node ?

From: Dan Norris <dannorris_at_dannorris.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2007 18:13:34 -0800 (PST)

Sure. Having clustered ASM instances doesn't stop you from using those diskgroups for non-clustered databases.

The larger question is: Why would you compromise the RAC instance on that node by making it compete for resources with some other instance? As we've reviewed multiple times here, Oracle's resource manager operates within an instance, not across instances on the node. So, you've got little ability to ensure that the RAC instance gets what it needs in this case.

Dan

List Members:

Can I map a non-RAC instance to a ASM instance (+ASM1 in node1 or +ASM2 in node2) which is already configured for RAC instances ?

We are running 10.2.0.2 in Linux RHEL 4.

Thanks
Jay

--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Wed Nov 21 2007 - 20:13:34 CST