Re: Does dataguard require same o/s release on both servers

From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2007 14:51:36 +0000

Hmmm,

I checked up now that I have access to the net (and not just a mobile phone) and my initial statement below is incomplete. Note 413484.1 refers. Some of the interesting combinations available. It is true that the support is only windows and Linux but rather to my surprise these you can vary one of (but not both) the OS and the wordsize of the platform - i.e you can do

win32 <=> linux x86
win32 <=> win64
linux x86 <=> linux x86-64

carel-jan do you have any shares available? :)

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA