Re: Does dataguard require same o/s release on both servers

From: Tim Gorman <tim_at_evdbt.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2007 11:03:56 -0700

Is ASM required as storage on all nodes?  I would expect so, but just
asking....

Carel-Jan Engel wrote:
Yes, I love it!

Complexity is the friend of consultancy! I'm a consultant! More complexity please!

;-)

Best regards,

Carel-Jan Engel

===
===

On Tue, 2007-11-20 at 19:26 +0300, Syed Jaffar Hussain wrote:
Williams,

Heterogeneous Data Guard Configuration is supported starting with 11g which allows a mix of Linux and Windows primary and standby databases in the same Data Guard configuration.

Regards,

Jaffar
--
Best Regards,
Syed Jaffar Hussain

http://jaffardba.blogspot.com/
http://apex.oracle.com/pls/otn/f?p=19297:4:1579866181463918::NO:4:P4_ID:126
"Winners don't do different things. They do things differently."
believed to be clean.

-- http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Tue Nov 20 2007 - 12:03:56 CST