Re: Disaster Recovery for datawarehouse

From: Syed Jaffar Hussain <sjaffarhussain_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2007 09:20:18 +0300

We have a DW Database, around 3TB size, and we do matain a standby database for this database. I could say, its not purely a data warehouse, but, mixture of OLTP+DW kind database where daily data is is being inserted and updated.

As Dennis says, a bit of cost is involved to setup DR for this database, but, the management is happy because we were able to successfully failover during disaster situations with in acceptable time.

Regards

Jaffar

--
Best Regards,
Syed Jaffar Hussain

http://jaffardba.blogspot.com/
http://apex.oracle.com/pls/otn/f?p=19297:4:1579866181463918::NO:4:P4_ID:126
"Winners don't do different things. They do things differently."