Re: Questions re LOCAL_LISTENER & REMOTE_LISTENER

From: goran bogdanovic <goran00_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2007 14:51:42 +0100

In addition to server side-load balancing you have two options: - CPU runqueue-based load balancing
- or round-robin balancing

in order to configure this you should set in your listener.ora the parameter

prefer_least_loaded_node_<listerer name>=off

For applications that connect at startup time only and not frequently reconnecting, switch this parameter off will give you an 'almost' :-) even connection distribution across all nodes.

regards,
goran