DR Exercise: Restoring a rac/hacmp oracle home to a non-rac non-clustered host.

From: fmhabash <fmhabash_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2007 17:59:28 -0500

Hi all,
I have a situation where a client wants to exercise system DR recovery. The current system is RAC with IBM's HACMP. However, this DR exercise will be done using 100% backup/restore from tapes. The DR site host is a single node and will not be running HCAMP.

This scenario will not allow us to simply restore the current $ORACLE_HOME since it is RAC linked. Therefore, am left with resorting to one of these procedures to perform on the DR side ..

My inquiries are (given this exact scenario) ...
- are there any other options I missed.

Thank you