RE: Tuning RMAN backup and recovery

From: Robert Freeman <robertgfreeman_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2007 08:56:31 -0700

Your Sun tests are in direct opposition to my own real life production experiences. Of course, many things might impact such testing, but in *many* cases I've found compression in 10g RMAN to make for much faster backups. Not always, but often.

RF

Robert G. Freeman
Oracle Consultant/DBA/Author
Principal Engineer/Team Manager
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints Father of Five, Husband of One,
Author of various geeky computer titles
from Osborne/McGraw Hill (Oracle Press)
Oracle Database 11g New Features Now Available for Pre-sales on Amazon.com! BLOG: http://robertgfreeman.blogspot.com/ Sig V1.2