RE: Oracle VM ?

From: Freeman, Donald <dofreeman_at_state.pa.us>
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 14:07:53 -0500

It seems to me like you have leveraged some of the VM features to your advantage. I've been having a little trouble following exactly what you have been accomplishing except that you are making an image of a virtual database server, deploying it or copying it to CD, and then just changing the name. That does sound pretty efficient. I'm not as familiar with RAC as I am single instance DB's but each node in the RAC is identical? There isn't any thing to change when you deploy it? I'm trying to rank all these factors from beneficial and useful to painful, avoid at all costs. This sounds like the major benefit of VM.