Re: 10g client/database installation

From: Maureen English <sxmte_at_email.alaska.edu>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2007 14:50:04 -0900

Thanks Peter,

That had been my experience, too. I went back to the installation media and started a new installation to see if I missed something, but there is no drill down option for Oracle Programmer, which is where the precompilers that we need reside. I searched Metalink and found that this is a problem with 10.2.0.1, so it must also be a problem with 10.2.0.2. The solution is to use the client installation and install only the Oracle Programmer...in the same Oracle_HOME. I can live with that!