Oracle VM ?

From: Nilo Segura <nilosegura_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2007 00:38:31 +0100

Hello,

Now that Oracle has announced the "existence" of the Oracle VM "thing", do people think that this is actually useful to run your DBs on ?

Personally I only see this as convenient way to run test/experimental environments, but I do not see it in a fully critical production environment. Should we see this as an alternative to Oracle Resource Manager perhaps ?

Any remarks/thoughts on this ? I did miss the announcement so I ignore if they already gave some scenerarios where this could be used.

Any remarks/thoughts ?

p.s OpenWorld is really far too big, I miss the days when it was justs the RDBMS and associated development tools... -
Nilo Segura
Oracle Support - IT/DES
CERN - Geneva
Switzerland