Re: Update schema while new data is coming in

From: Vijay Vardhineni <vvardhineni_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2007 09:49:45 -0700

RAC has only one database (i,e shared database). The moment you make changes to the schema on one node, all nodes will see the same changes.

  I am guessing that you have 2 databases with bi-directional replication. Are you using streams for synchronizing the data between the two servers? As long as you don't drop/rename objects (i.e tables/columns), it should work. You need to do thorough testing before implementing in production.

Vijay