RE: windows question

From: <Joel.Patterson_at_crowley.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2007 15:51:25 -0500

Additional points. It will look in the current directory first, working directory.

Ie if you have an icon on your desk that executes out of c:\working, and you have six tnsnames.ora files laying around... one of them in c:\working, then your app will look there first and use c:\working\tnsnames.ora.

I believe you can set TNS_ADMIN through your environment variables also... but Brandon's advise is good advice.

Joel Patterson
Database Administrator
joel.patterson_at_crowley.com
x72546