Table dba_role_privs; Column admin_option

From: Sam Bootsma <sbootsma_at_georgebrown.ca>
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2007 14:50:05 -0500

Hello Everybody,

I have a user GENERAL that has admin_option equals "yes" on a couple of roles. I do not know if user GENERAL has granted these roles to another user Y, or not. If I revoke privileges on these roles from GENERAL, then what happens to user Y's role privileges? Would they revoked at the same time? If yes, is there a way to determine ahead of time which users have been granted their roles from GENERAL?

I know that dba_tab_privs has a "grantor" column that shows who granted the table privilege, but I haven't seen anything similar for role privileges.

Thanks very much for your assistance.

Sam Bootsma

Oracle Database Administrator

Information Technology Services
George Brown College

Phone: 416-415-5000 x4933
Fax: 416-415-4836
E-mail: sbootsma_at_georgebrown.ca <mailto:sbootsma_at_georgebrown.ca>