Re: Poor performance on bulk transfer across db link -- wrapup

From: David Aldridge <david_at_david-aldridge.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2007 08:24:41 -0800 (PST)

Thanks to everyone who responded.

  We did a bunch of testing on changing SDU, but aren't able to change the MTU due to the impact on other production systems. Reducing the SDU to match the MTU produced no performance change. DB Links just seem to be problematic for performance, maybe due to something in our own environment, but our timeline doesn't give us the opportunity to investigate further..

  We're looking at other solutions -- transportable talespaces, in fact.

  Thanks again.