Is it possible to rename/move datafile online - possibly under RMAN?

From: Dhimant Patel <drp4kri_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2007 16:14:20 -0500

Hi,

I need to move certain datafiles to another partition which is recently made available. I can move/rename files after taking them offline - although I would prefer if RMAN can do this while the file is online!

Is there such way of moving files? A quick look at RMAN commands doesn't offer any clue.

-Thanks,

DP.

--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Wed Nov 07 2007 - 15:14:20 CST