Re: db_file_multiblock_read_count

From: Vlad Sadilovskiy <vlovsky_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2007 15:01:30 -0500

Amir,

Reducing guesswork, if the hint is taken, then in 10053 trace (10.2.0.3, 11.1.0.6) you'd see it in the section like below:

  PARAMETERS IN OPT_PARAM HINT
  optimizer_index_caching             = 10
  star_transformation_enabled         = 'true'

And also in the target profile:

Content of other_xml column

  db_version     : 11.1.0.6
  parse_schema   : TEST
  plan_hash      : 3128673074
  plan_hash_2    : 2108540337

  Outline Data:
  /*+
    BEGIN_OUTLINE_DATA
      IGNORE_OPTIM_EMBEDDED_HINTS
      OPTIMIZER_FEATURES_ENABLE('11.1.0.6')
      DB_VERSION('11.1.0.6')
      OPT_PARAM('star_transformation_enabled' 'true')
      OPT_PARAM('optimizer_index_caching' 10)
      ALL_ROWS
      OUTLINE_LEAF(@"SEL$1")
      FULL(@"SEL$1" "T3"@"SEL$1")