RE: Incomplete recovery question

From: Shamsudeen, Riyaj <RS2273_at_att.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2007 14:02:58 -0600

Maureen

            ORA-1152 suggests that some files are not from sufficiently old backup or SCN you are trying to use before the datafile SCN. Did you restore the control file also and if yes, what is the date associated with that control file backup ?

            If it is due to recent version of controlfile, then you should be able to restore the control file alone as of July 6th (which shouldn't have these three new datafiles), then do 'recover database using backup controlfile until change xxxxx' and open the database with resetlogs option. Also query v$datafile and v$datafile_header to see if you see any datafile with higher SCN then what you supply in the recover command.

            If you don't have or can't get controlfile, just get controlfile script from production, remove these new files, recreate control file in test recovery db and then recover as above.

Thanks

Riyaj