Are multiple buffers necessary when using very large SGA?

From: qihua wu <staywithpin_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2007 07:34:50 +0800

The larger the SGA is, more work oracle should do to manager the buffer. But if we use multiple buffers, and individual buffer will be much smaller than if using single buffer. Just like USA has many states to simplify the management, I think it will be easier for oracle to manager smaller buffers with multiple buffers configuration.  Any opinion about this?