RMAN and Data Guard

From: Randy Julien <rhjulienne_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2007 12:17:16 -0800 (PST)

I set up a 10.2.0.3 primary and physical standby database pair and configured each to use RMAN "incremental backups" with the Flash Recovery Area (FRA). I then registered each database to separate RMAN recovery catalogs, performed a full "incremental save" of the primary to the FRA followed by a BACKUP RECOVERY AREA taking the FRA contents to tape. I was then able to connect to the RC of the standby from the standby and view the save of the primary via RMAN "list" commands. How is this possible with separate RCs and controlfiles? This configuration mirrors Oracle's "Geographically Too Distant" scenario from the DG Admin Guide (chapter 10), which I may face. Note that I did use the backup with a TAG identifying the database TNS alias the save originated from. Can anyone shed some light on this.

  Thanks!!

Do You Yahoo!?