Re: 2500% times faster performance

From: J Buchanan <oracle_at_digistar.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2007 09:13:17 -0500

On Nov 6, 2007, at 9:07 AM, K Gopalakrishnan wrote:

> BTW check Kevin Closson's blog. I remember seeing some of his good
> work on the Log Writer performance and you will understand why this
> flash thingy's claims are plain WRONG in the RamSAN case.

My interest/concern is the longevity of the device. USB drives have a rather limited write cycle lifespan. I'm sure these types of devices for dedicated storage have a different technology at work but I still would want to know how many writes they're warranted for. Strange, how that little issue never gets much press ;-) Doesn't do much good to have a SSD diskgroup that is good for only 100 million write cycles before it dies.

jason