RE: can't use "select * from <table_name>" command

From: Zanen van, J (Jacob) <Jacob.van.Zanen_at_rabobank.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2007 16:08:55 +1100

Hi

user tables are all tables owned by the user doing the select and can be accessed without putting the schema/owner name in front of it. The ones in DBA tables are all tables in the database

so if you see a table in dba_tables with name "TABLE_XYZ" and owner
"ABC" you most likely need to do

select * from ABC.TABLE_XYZ.

Brgds

Jack

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Shwe Yee Than Sent: Tuesday, 6 November 2007 3:52 PM
To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: can't use "select * from <table_name>" command

Hi,

I managed to see all the tables in a database by using the following commands:

ALL_ALL_TABLES;
DBA_ALL_TABLES;
USER_ALL_TABLES; But I can't use "Select * from <table_name>;" command to view the contents of the tables except the tables listed by "USER_ALL_TABLES".

I'm not able to view the contents of the tables listed by
"ALL_ALL_TABLES" and "DBA_ALL_TABLES".

What should I do?? Anyone can help me??
Thanks.

Regards,
Shwe

Do You Yahoo!?

This email, including any attachments, may be confidential or privileged, and is sent for the personal attention of the intended recipient. If you have received this email in error, please delete it immediately. The views expressed are not necessarily those of the Rabobank Group. The Group is not liable for the effects of any virus which may be contained in this email.

If this email contains marketing material and you do not wish to receive such material by email in future, please reply to this email and place the words "Remove My Details - Electronic Messages" in the Subject Header.

The Rabobank Group

Australia: 1800 025 484
New Zealand: 0800 500 933