Re: Oracle rabbit colonies

From: Alberto Dell'Era <alberto.dellera_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2007 23:47:51 +0100

My personal preference has always been for abstract examples, i.e. I prefer the tables being presented as parent/child instead of DEPT/EMP. I've always found examples such as the one you mention quite distracting, since I need to first understand the example in order to understand the feature being illustrated ... and what gets memorized is the abstract meaning, not the reference to the Rabbit Colony, that gets filtered out from my memory almost immediately.

Still, it's a matter of personal preference of course, you find them interesting and lively and that's perfectly valid as well ;)

--
Alberto Dell'Era
"the more you know, the faster you go"