Re: Query against V$SESSION hangs on 10g RAC systems

From: Finn Jorgensen <finn.oracledba_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2007 14:32:52 -0400

I'm just taking a wild guess here, but to get blocking sessions it's possible the query of v$session would have to go to the other node(s) of the RAC cluster for session information, since the blocking session may be on a different node. 60 seconds is the time RHEL RAC takes to time out if a node cannot be reached, which could explain that exact timeout.

Why the query works sometimes and not others, I don't know. Bug?

Finn