RE: Query against V$SESSION hangs on 10g RAC systems

From: M Rafiq <rafiq9857_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2007 10:01:12 -0400

I ran this query on a non rac 10.2.0.3 database and it returned the rows very quickly. It may be some RAC related issue.

Regards
Rafiq

Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2007 08:35:40 +0100From: exriscer_at_gmail.comTo: snowman327_at_gmail.comSubject: Re: Query against V$SESSION hangs on 10g RAC systemsCC: oracle-l_at_freelists.org hi

querying blocking_session is the problem, if you dont query that columnd then it should be fine

I have a customer who requested a backport to fix the bug but the one-off patch has no effect so might have to wait until 10.2.0.4

thanks

--

LSC   On 11/1/07, Dean <snowman327_at_gmail.com> wrote:

We recently had a locking/blocking problem on two different 10.2.0.3 RAC systems. I ran a query similar to below to get more information:

select sid, serial#, program, module, action, username, osuser, sql_hash_value, machine, event, blocking_session from v$session
where status='ACTIVE';

About 1 out of 5 times this query hangs. When it hangs, it waits for exactly 60 seconds on "DIAG idle wait" and then returns the result set. If I remove the blocking_session column, this query runs fine and never hangs. Has anyone run into this or have any ideas why this would happen?

Climb to the top of the charts!  Play Star Shuffle:  the word scramble challenge with star power. http://club.live.com/star_shuffle.aspx?icid=starshuffle_wlmailtextlink_oct
--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Fri Nov 02 2007 - 09:01:12 CDT