RE: Privileges on Triggers

From: Koppelaars, Toon <T.Koppelaars_at_centraal.boekhuis.nl>
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2007 21:40:31 +0100

Bill,

Triggers are not directly executed by users. Triggers are indirectly executed when the user executes a DML-statement (an insert, update or delete statement).

So, there is no concept of 'granting someone execute on a trigger'. Instead you grant someone to perform DML on a table (that has triggers attached to it).

I don't see how creating a public synonym for a trigger could 'fix' a problem, you were experiencing with regards to triggers executing or not.

Toon