OEM Agent Alert History Graph

From: Charlotte Hammond <charlottejanehammond_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2007 05:16:12 -0700 (PDT)

Hi All,

I'm using OEM 10.2.0.2 and am having a problem with a couple of agents.

If, on the Agent's main page, I click on "Alert History" I see the Metric "Count of targets not uploading data" I can see, in bar graph format, lots of red vertical lines indicating critical state in the last 24 hour. The pattern is "random" but sometimes several an hour and sometimes 3 or more hours go by without any.

However, if I click on the bar graph and get the same information in tabular format there are much, much fewer incidents (maybe 1 or 2 per day). Given the collection schedule is 240 minutes, I can't see how this metric is appearing in the bar graph several times an hour. The tabular data looks much more as I'd expect it.

Furthermore, on one agent, I think I've cured the problem with the uploads and I see no alerts either in the bar graph (view data: last 24 hours) or tabular form, yet when I look at the bar graph (view data: last 7 days) I do still see red error lines which appear *within* the last 24 hours.

Therefore, my question is, where is the data coming from in the repository to draw the bar graph? If I could see the raw data I'd have a better idea whether I can trust the bar graph or not.

Many thanks for any hints!

Charlotte

Do You Yahoo!?