Making an ORA-600 (and other errors) happen

From: Jeremiah Wilton <jeremiah_at_ora-600.net>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 15:13:34 -0700

Back in August someone asked how to raise an ORA-600 manually. I don't think there were any satisfactory answers. This troubled me some, since there clearly is some way to call the right function to raise errors. Well, I still don't know how to call the right function, but thanks to Dan Morgan from PSOUG pointing me at this particular unit test, I found a way to raise ORA-600 (and a using one of the built-in unit tests in oradebug.

Fun with OERI args:
SQL> oradebug unit_test dbke_test dde_flow_kge_ora you_big_dummy 0 0

Run this on a test system unless you want to give someone a heart attack.

I found a few nice options you can pass to this test, as well as a section of the 11g binary that looks like it contains all the names of all the unit tests available in oradebug.

All on my new blog! oradeblog.blogspot.com.

Thanks,

Jeremiah Wilton
ORA-600 Consulting
http://www.ora-600.net