Re: shell script needed

From: Andrew Kerber <>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 08:54:40 -0500

I know that I can do it recursively. However, the privileges needed vary by file and directory. Some files need execute, some dont. Some directories need write privileges, most dont. I reached the point where I was setting the protections on individual files to get them set properly, now I want to copy the protections. The best way I can see to do that is to read in the protections on each file under ORACLE_HOME and write out a shells script that sets the protections for each file.

On 10/31/07, Mercadante, Thomas F (LABOR) <> wrote:
> Andrew,
> You can do this recursively by using the -R option:
> chmod -R g-w $ORACLE_HOME
> Tom

Andrew W. Kerber