11g Windows

From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2007 09:26:20 +0000

List

I've now made two attempts to install 11g on this dell laptop (2gb ram 1700mhz processor) the second having wiped all previous traces of Oracle from the machine. Both times the software installs fine, creating a custom db works fine, but then the CPU hogs at 100% for hours (I've left this overnight in case it was some em madness and come back to 11 hours of cpu usage in a 15 hour period!) Has anyone else experienced this? Right now 11g is leaving a bad taste in my mouth.

--

Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA

--