Re: STRIPING AT Oracle Level

From: Dennis Williams <oracledba.williams_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2007 14:02:09 -0500

Deepak,

You have my sympathies that your management thinks your time is less valuable than a RAID controller.

    I would urge you not to overlook the fundamentals. Pay close attention to which tables are used the most and ensure those are on separate disks.

    Often, even a large data file is not used uniformly. Usually the most recent rows receive the most activity.

Dennis Williams