RE: RMAN "Memory fault"

From: Herring Dave - dherri <Dave.Herring_at_acxiom.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2007 13:47:58 -0500

Great suggestion, Finn! I didn't think of searching on output from truss. First hit looks promising. Per Brandon's suggestion, I've also opened a hardware ticket with our sys admins.

Dave

David C. Herring, DBA  |   A c x i o m  Delivery Center Organization 630-944-4762 office | 630-430-5988 wireless | 630-944-4989 fax

From: Finn Jorgensen [mailto:finn.oracledba_at_gmail.com] Sent: Monday, October 29, 2007 1:44 PM
To: Brandon.Allen_at_oneneck.com
Cc: Herring Dave - dherri; oracle-l
Subject: Re: RMAN "Memory fault"

Either that or it's a OS bug.  A simple google search on "SIGSEGV SEGV_MAPERR" returns tons of hits on OS issues related to this although most of them are on Solaris. Finn

On 10/29/07, Allen, Brandon <Brandon.Allen_at_oneneck.com> wrote: It looks to me like maybe the OS admins have something setup to automatically kill processes that exceed a certain memory or CPU usage threshold - maybe check with your Unix admin if you haven't already? I've had similar issues in the past where processes were automatically killed for using too much CPU.

Regards,
Brandon