RE: Oracle 10G + SAN + HACMP

From: Crisler, Jon <Jon.Crisler_at_usi.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2007 11:53:57 -0400

If the only thing running on this cluster is Oracle RAC, then you don't really need HACMP (or GPFS) assuming you are going to use ASM for your storage method.

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of David Barbour Sent: Monday, October 29, 2007 11:12 AM
To: ofabelo_at_gmail.com
Cc: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: Re: Oracle 10G + SAN + HACMP

The HACMP piece should probably be left to an experienced AIX admin. Oracle doesn't really come into play when setting up an HACMP failover. Just curious as to why you'd choose HACMP over RAC?

On 10/25/07, Oliver aka v1k1ng0 <ofabelo_at_gmail.com> wrote:

Hello,

I'm a newbie oracle database administrator, I've installed Oracle 9i and 10g on Windows, Linux and AIX, and installation patchsets ... always reading the official documentation, but now, I have to do some more "great" and more important ;-) I have 2 servers with AIX installed and I have to install HACMP and Oracle 10g (we have SAN too). I don't know nothing about san and hacmp+oracle nowadays. Someone knows of documentation about all this? Thanks beforehand.

Cheers...