Re: JDBC connection using externally identified user

From: Peter Hitchman <pjhoraclel_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2007 14:03:38 +0100

Hmm,
Yes you are right, I am doing this for a development database only, to get the developers working in jdbc, using their ops$ login without the need to create specific accounts. In the longer run the application code will run from a machine separate to the database server, so I will need a more secure solution. But I am not a fan of specific "pseudo" accounts created on the database, that get encoded in connection strings, the passwords always get out and then something bad happens and the DBA has no real idea who did it.

Regards

Pete

--
Regards