Re: Database Technology Roadmap

From: Bob <orcl_at_comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 21:12:43 -0400

This sounds like a job for an IT DBA professional. Someone who reads all the trade publications,blogs, mail lists, has a significant pc lab at their home to compare products & technologies, someone who attends SIG groups pertaining to the field of interest. In other words some one who does their homework on a regular basis.

This individual would command a significant yearly salary for their investment of time and commitment .

No easy answers on this one.

Sorry

Bob

Bob Robert wrote:
> Have you done some kind of study regarding "Database Technology
> Roadmap" in your current job. I am looking for some suggestions for the
> following areas.
> 1) what is the right database (oracle, sql server, db2, mysql, etc).
> 2) Based on skill set, new project might select known database
> 3) what are the advantages between these DB's (one might have RAC,
> other one might have MS SQL cluster)
> 4) How cost effective and reliability of these solutions.
> 5) How is the future looks like? at least next three years.
>
> I would really appreciate if you could shed some light in this regards.
>
> Thanks,
> Bob

> http://mail.yahoo.com

"Oracle error messages being what they are, do not
highlight the correct cause of fault, but will identify
some other error located close to where the real fault lies."