Re: Math Question - with Respect to filesystem Allocatations

From: David Barbour <david.barbour1_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 16:56:31 -0400

Uhmmmmmm.....

No wonder you're confused? A filesystem is a disk space allocation in which (we're talking cooked not raw) datafiles reside. Datafiles belong to tablespaces. A tablespace can have multiple datafiles, not all of which may reside in the same filesystem. Tablespaces don't use disk, datafiles do.

Actually, it's just math (depending on whether you're looking at the current state or need to plan for autoextensible datafiles):

Total Filesystem Size = Current Usage / .6