Re: accurately reporting pga size in solaris.

From: BN <bnsarma_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 10:46:55 -0400

On 10/22/07, Zhu,Chao <zhuchao_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> hi, all,
> I am wondering whether there is any tool that can report the accurate
> PGA size of oracle database, when database has several thousands of
> processes. I have a small tool to pmap every process to get the sum of
> [heap|anon}] pages, but it does not work when we have lots of process.
> Or maybe there is any existing Dtrace script that can do this?
>
> --
> Regards
> Zhu Chao
> www.cnoug.org

Greetings

HAve you looked at these:

clear columns

col SID FOR 99999
col name for a45
col username for a10
col osuser for a12
break ON report
compute sum OF "MB" ON report

SELECT NAME, round(value/1024/1024) "Mb" FROM V$PGASTAT;

col name for a23
col "Mb" FOR 99999

SELECT se.sid,se.username,se.osuser,name, round(value/(1024*1024)) "Mb",sysdate
FROM v$session se, v$sesstat ss, v$statname sn WHERE ss.sid=se.sid
AND sn.statistic# = ss.statistic#
AND sn.name = 'session pga memory'
-- GROUP BY name,se.sid,se.username,se.osuser,name order by value
/

Regards
BN

--