Re: Intermittent 421 errors using UTL_SMTP

From: Roman Podshivalov <roman.podshivalov_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2007 13:59:18 -0400

Hi,

The error in question comes from your Exchange server. So you have to dig this in Exchange side.

See snippet below regarding SMTP return codes:

SMTP Reply Codes

See rfc2821 <http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc2821.txt> for the basic specification of SMTP; see also
rfc1123<http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc1123.txt>for important additional information.

See rfc1893 <http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc1893.txt> and rfc2034<http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc2034.txt>for information about enhanced status codes.
*SMTP Reply Codes List* *Code* *Description* 200 success response 211 System status, or system help reply 214 Help message 220 <domain> Service ready 221 <domain>
Service closing transmission channel 250 Requested mail action okay, completed 251 User not local; will forward to <forward-path> 354 Start mail input; end with <CRLF>.<CRLF> 421 <domain> Service not available, closing transmission channel 450 Requested mail action not taken: mailbox unavailable 451 Requested action aborted: local error in processing 452 Requested
action not taken: insufficient system storage 500 Syntax error, command unrecognized 501 Syntax error in parameters or arguments 502 Command not implemented 503 Bad sequence of commands 504 Command parameter not implemented 521 <domain> does not accept mail (see rfc1846) 530 Access denied () 550 Requested action not taken: mailbox unavailable 551 User not local; please try <forward-path> 552 Requested mail action aborted: exceeded storage allocation 553 Requested action not taken: mailbox name not allowed 554 Transaction failed

--romas